Summary: The position is an integral part of the Purchasing and Inventory departments. The position reports to the Supply Chain Manager and works closely and collaboratively with the Buyers, the accounting team and the Warehouse staff. The role has primary accountability for purchasing for the needs of production, receiving material into inventory, and ensuring that material is reconciled through cycle counting.
- Ordering special order and stock inventory items to support production needs.
- Inventory control and maintaining inventory levels.
- Assist with reconciling inventory counts.
- Track incoming orders and communicate any supply delays to the sales team.
- Responsible for verifying materials received vs. invoices and getting matched invoices to accounting in a timely manner.
- Moderate interaction with vendors via email and phone.
- Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with other employees.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Supply Chain Manager.
Requirements, Skills, Experience
- Associates degree in Supply Chain Management and/or Business Administration. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a warehouse. Forklift experience preferred
- 1 year’ minimum experience in purchasing and/or inventory management required. A background in an industrial manufacturing environment is preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to multi-task and discover the needs of the production team.
- Knowledge of MRP/APS software. Syteline preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word)
- Good interpersonal skills and awareness, as this position will interact with many functions and levels within the business (from shop floor to CEO).
- This position will have the candidate working in a warehouse environment and an office. Must have the ability to stand and/or sit for up to 8 hours a day and must have the ability to lift up to 26 pounds.